nafex - Re: [NAFEX] bunnies (furry)

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: griffingardens@earthlink.net, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] bunnies (furry)
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 08:33:18 -0500

Dave,
My advice is: wrap every young tree in window screening. [see Richard
Fahey's article in Pomona a few years back where he compared materials
verdict being window screening is best.]
Last year I lost the one and only tree of my eleagnus #4, and since the
original was bulldozed that was the only example in the whole world.
Was some animal chewed the bark off all the way around. If you have
chestnuts, they trees WILL be chewed to ground level, inevitably. If
your trees are worth anything to you at all, always wrap them in October
with window screen.
Charlie Paradise
zone 5 / Massachusetts