nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: Speaking of the Fluffster,Pomona (mark wessel)

  • From: Dan Sorensen <dan.phantom@westpa.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Speaking of the Fluffster,Pomona (mark wessel)
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 23:31:30 -0400

At 04:23 PM 8/4/2003 -0700, you wrote:

I had a neigbour once that I found odd, but maybe he had found a way to avoid the problem.  He would become an expert in something - at the time I met him it was photographing mushrooms.  As soon as he knew everything he could about that subject, he would drop it completely and take up woodworking, or something else entirely different.

Fortunately the world is full of odd, interesting characters like that.  It may be one of the best evidences we have that we've been visited by aliens who are living among us!  If you'd like to read about another person much like that you should read "The Orchid Thief" by Susan Orlean.

Dan Sorensen