nafex - [NAFEX] University of Pennsylvania fruit sites

  • From: "Rodney Eveland" <Reveland@collinscom.net>
  • To: "Nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] University of Pennsylvania fruit sites
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 20:12:21 -0600

http://www.penpages.psu.edu/penpages%5Freference/29401/2940163.html

This site has the URLs of many interesting sites including the Index of
Fruit Disease Photographs
Very nice pictures. I am sure that you will find many of the others very
interesting. The only fruit I
will have this year will be from a Montmorency (old faithful) and a couple
of State Fair apples.
All the others succumbed to a late 25 degree frost - the worst I've ever
had during bloom. However
I did discover a fellow who has 3 three year old sweet cherries growing at
his place in Ten Sleep so
I am cheered that my three newly planted ones are doing well so far. All
previous sweet cherry
plantingsfailed before July 4 and never really did grow. Cherries are God's
gift to the birds and I hope,
me. Rodney in zone 4 (4500 feet above sea level in an arid climate).

  • [NAFEX] University of Pennsylvania fruit sites, Rodney Eveland, 07/11/2003