nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry Varieties

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry Varieties
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:37:55 -0500

At 04:30 PM 7/9/2003 -0400, David wrote:
In my setting I have found Collier to be superior to Illinois Everbearing.
I know over the years I've heard several people say that nothing is better
than IE, but here the Collier has better production, better size, better
flavor, and it is juicier and more attractive. We don't even hardly bother
to go to our IE trees, as the Collier is so good. I also have several good
seedlings I have selected over the years from the local area, but Collier is
superior to them too. Collier bears about four weeks.

First crop on my young Collier, this year. Berries were pretty small, not all that tasty, and truth be told, I probably shouldn't have even let them develop, as I had just transplanted it from the nursery bed where I grafted it last year. Glad to hear that it's that tasty; hope subsequent crops here turn out that way.. If it's better than IE, it's GOOD!!!

Lucky