nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Toma Bellas

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Toma Bellas
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:16:34 -0700

I'm not a produce expert, but I found the following via Google...

The European standard for sweet peppers identifies 4 catagories of shapes:
elongated (pointed)
square (blunt)
square tapering (peg top)
flat (tomato pepper).

Tomato peppers in the US are marketed as "Toma Bellas".
These are not a cross between tomatoes and peppers, but rather a kind of
sweet pepper.
-Mark Lee, Seattle, zone 7B/8A