nafex - [NAFEX] Strange bloom times

  • From: "Dean Kreutzer" <deankreutzer@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Strange bloom times
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 17:43:10 -0600

Hi all,

Just want to add one comment to the discussion about winter dieback, and the strange bloom times of some trees, or parts of trees. One of my Evans cherries is just now blooming, where all the others bloomed weeks ago, and one of my apricots just started to bud out 1 week ago, when it's neighbours budded out over a month ago. I feel this is caused by winter damage, either in the roots or trunk of the plant which delays and/or prevents energy from the roots reaching the upper portion of the tree. I noticed sap exiting the trunk in a couple of locations.

Dean
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
USDA 3