nafex - Re: [NAFEX] plum grafting / tapes

  • From: "philip sauber" <mrtejas@lycos.com>
  • To: herenorthere@lycos.com, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] plum grafting / tapes
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 19:35:29 -0500

Don't forget to cut off the bark grafted scion in half when it gets 3 feet or
so. This is to prevent the wind from snapping the whole thing off. Or you
can lash a piece of bamboo to the limb. Leave it on way past when the scion
is as large as the rootstock. A bark graft is not very strong at first. See
my web site for a picture of what happens when you don't stake the scion. A
mentor had warned me about it, but experience is the best teacher apparently!

http://members.fortunecity.com/pjsauber/PersimmonGrafting.htm