nafex - [NAFEX] pawpaw fruitset

  • From: "Kristina & Bruce" <herenorthere@lycos.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] pawpaw fruitset
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 20:36:53 -0400

My Prolific pawpaw blossomed for the first time this year. One of the dogs
had just finished taking my much smaller, but ready to bloom, Overleese
pawpaw apart, so I didn't have another variety available to pollinate the
Prolific. I used pollen from old flowers to pollinate new flowers and now
have a number of tiny pawpaw hands hanging on the tree. Does this mean it
set fruit or is it too soon to know? I whip grafted a couple Overleese
scions high in the Prolific to avoid the dog problem in the future.
Bruce Wittchen
Zone 6 CT