nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pawpaw fruitset

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pawpaw fruitset
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 12:54:19 -0400

Tiny pawpaw hands does not necessarly mean set fruit

Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, MI.

My Prolific pawpaw blossomed for the first time this year. One of the dogs had just finished taking my much smaller, but ready to bloom, Overleese pawpaw apart, so I didn't have another variety available to pollinate the Prolific. I used pollen from old flowers to pollinate new flowers and now have a number of tiny pawpaw hands hanging on the tree. Does this mean it set fruit or is it too soon to know? I whip grafted a couple Overleese scions high in the Prolific to avoid the dog problem in the future.
Bruce Wittchen
Zone 6 CT

  • [NAFEX] pawpaw fruitset, Kristina & Bruce, 05/24/2003
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [NAFEX] pawpaw fruitset, Gordon Nofs, 05/25/2003