nafex - Re: [NAFEX] American Sources for Unusual Plums

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] American Sources for Unusual Plums
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 16:31:18 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] American Sources for Unusual Plums
I second that.  It also is often known as just Petite, French, or it's older name, Prune D'Agen.  I've tried a lot of Gages, and none every performed or tasted anywhere near the Petite.  It's not a huge plum, but it's SWEET and it's RELIABLE.  In over 25 years, I've NEVER had a total crop failure with it, and most years it's loaded with far more than I can use.  The only thing I could call a flaw is the relatively small size and that the stone isn't as easy to remove as some.  So I wash and freeze them whole and they are great.
-Lon Rombough