nafex - Re: RE: [NAFEX] "Sour Chari" and "CKVL#1": Joe Brown

  • From: Anton Callaway <marillen@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: RE: [NAFEX] "Sour Chari" and "CKVL#1": Joe Brown
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:51:17 -0400 (GMT)

Montmorency and North Star also did well for me with little to no spraying in
Zone 7 (North Georgia). For the first 5 years or so, I sprayed them with
dormant oil once a year and that was it. I got nice crops of perfect
cherries. Career pressures made the annual spraying impractical, but they
still produced resonably good crops of bug-free cherries. Despite the
neglect and the sub-tropical climate, almost all those trees are still alive-
all over 20 years old now.

Anton