nafex - Re: [NAFEX] multiple apple cultivars on one tree?

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] multiple apple cultivars on one tree?
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:21:30 -0400

I expect you're right. Nonetheless, I don't regret doing it. I had fun grafting. I got most of my grafts to "take". And on the other tree, I appear to have 5 healthy apple cultivars on a healthy tree. That's five more cultivars than I would have had room to plant on their own roots. I'm not looking for grat production from them, just the chance to taste fresh some unusual apples that can't be purchased locally. If I get fruits within a few years, it will definitely have been worthwhile. And the dead crab left behind a place to put an eating apple. (And if that one dies of replant problems, I suppose I can always add a lilac or something.)

Ginda