nafex - Re: [NAFEX] scion -- best length?

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] scion -- best length?
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 11:10:13 +0000

Tanis, makes perfect sense to me - but I have tended to avoid it because an expert told me to! Something about bud auxins preventing callusing, he said to cut off both tip and base of scion., Said fellow has grafted a lot of trees, I wonder where the idea comes from, Del

Just for fun, try grafting with a terminal bud scion. (Terminal bud plus as much twig as you can get w/o other buds.) If it takes, it will grow at 150% of the regular growth rate.
Tanis