nafex - [NAFEX] stooling

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] stooling
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 11:20:31 +0000

I just peeled away the remaining two new rooted shoots of a bud 118 who's graft had failed. The first two I exracted last year as they had better roots - these two had the 'bread twist tie strangulation', it worked well to force rooting. I'd like to force stooling on a few more odd rootstocks I have at hand, and would like ideas on how low to cut them to the ground. Thanks, Del Z2/3 where the first buds in my fruit plantings are now swelling - black currants.

Del Stubbs www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3

  • [NAFEX] stooling, del stubbs, 04/13/2003