nafex - [NAFEX] Grape - internode length

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Grape - internode length
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 17:19:48 -0500

Hello All,

After reading the article on grape grafting in Pomona again I thought I
would give it a try, to see if I could do it. Looking at the various
variety vine internode lengths, it got me thinking...

Is there a relationship between the length of the internode between
grape buds that correlates to how vigorous a particular vine will be?
For example there are more and less vigorous Concord grape vines. Will
the average internode length be the same on both vines, or will there be
a shorter internode on the less vigorous vine?

Also, is there a way to determine average seasonal growth of a vine (new
wood) based on average internode length of a vine?

Thanks,
Tom

===
Canada plant hardiness zone 5b