nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Information on lesser known fruits/useful plants.

  • From: Rodney Eveland <Reveland@WYOMING.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Information on lesser known fruits/useful plants.
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:57:18 -0700

I would be interested in plants from the Himalayas that are either hardy
in zone 4 or have roots that are hardy in zone 4 as is Buddleia davidi
which I grow merely by mulching so that it survives our zone 4 Winters.
As it only blooms on new growth, having the tops winter kill is rather
convenient. I see that your website is yet to be finished and I'm hoping
you will inform us every time you make any major addition. Flowering
plants like the butterfly bush are appreciated, but I am hoping to see
flowering plants that also bear fruit come from India. Thanks for
posting your web site. Rodney Zone 3/4