nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Tying of apple branches

  • From: Rodney Eveland <Reveland@WYOMING.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tying of apple branches
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 09:21:05 -0700

I believe he is right: especially in trees that are subject to runting.
We are all impatient when it comes to fruit. So everyone should have a
"tree of the year" that he can pour his energy into - deciding
placement, creating the perfect hole, the perfect watering method,
perfect measurement of growth, etc. This will help keep his mind off of
last years plant so he can let mother nature work with it. There are so
many things you can do with a tree besides drooling at the thought of
your first crop. Rodney