nafex - Re: [NAFEX] New NAFEX member suggestion for Pomona

  • From: Keith Benson <kgbenson@mindspring.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] New NAFEX member suggestion for Pomona
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 10:06:29 -0500

loneroc wrote:

Howdy,

I don't really object to the notion of accessing each new issue of Pomona
on the web--if computers bugged me I wouldn't be 'chatting' now. I still
would want to have hard-copy back-issues, though. Sometimes I grab an old
Pomona or two and curl up by the fire. Makes great winter reading! You
can't do that with a lap-top.

This is why the computer will not replace the book for a good long time (until we are replaced by all these kids whio are more comfortable with a screen than a printed page. I use a computer all the time - but nothing beats a book. However . . . .

Perhaps we could charge two rates--one electronic, another for hard copy
membership.
Make it even simpler: People who pay dues can have both, and opt not to receive the paper version. Something like the Cooks Illustrated webpage. If you sign up for the mag, you can have access to the website and all the articles there.

You could even conceive of a premium deluxe (platinum?) level
where subcribers get Ed Fackler to help 'em with chores.

Would this include pruning lessons for the neophytes?? If so, I am in!

Seriously, though.

Whadday mean "seriously though" . . . you weren't serious??

You'd confuse people by doing this. Or would you?

Nah - people are fairly bright, and the people on this list are above average.

Keith