nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Advice

  • From: "Jerry Mills" <millsapple@earthlink.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Advice
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:56:31 -0600

Waite, I have been taught that big cuts during or before very cold weather may cause dieback from the wound.  Then you’ll get rot infections which will run down the trunk of the tree and cause  eventual loss of the tree. It is better to cut later when tree tissues aren’t likely to dehydrate/die back from pruning wounds.

Ed Fackler may have a comment.

Jerry Mills, Southern Illinois.