nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: Cold weather pruning Advice

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Cold weather pruning Advice
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 14:45:49 +0000

Bernie, thanks for the note about pruning scionwood. What you had said before about never pruning before late winter had me worried last nov. when I cut my scionwod off of young trees. It didn't occur to me to end coat them as it was well into dormant season. (At least we haven't broken minus 30 by much this winter either) . What is the mechanism that allows a whole stick of dormant wood to dry out through a small end cut? I thought the juices quit running in the winter.......Del
Del Stubbs zone2/3, where the best part of below nothing weather is the crisp sunshine, sun dogs, moon dogs, auroras, and deliciously clean air