nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Tough?  I guess!

  • From: Waite8@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tough?  I guess!
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 05:03:37 EST

In a message dated 2/14/03 7:12:50 PM, dyellman@earthlink.net writes:

Holy cow Waite, what are you people up there made of?  Even allowing for
  a little thinner blood, you must be tougher than whang leather.  I
never go out to prune unless it's above 30F or my fingers freeze.  Zero?
  I don't think the trees care; they are dormant as doornails.  I'm the
one who cares.

Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA

Well Don, it is a little more complicated than that:-) I am a weekend orchardist and will be out of the country for three weeks so "times a-waistin". Having moved up here from North Carolina and Virginia, (Winchester) twenty-five years ago I am still trying to "prove" myself with these Mainiacs. Actually we love to talk about how cold it is. What else is there to do in a Maine wintah. Thanks for the advice folks. Waite Maclin, Cushing, Maine.

  • Re: [NAFEX] Tough?  I guess!, Waite8, 02/15/2003