nafex - [NAFEX] Feijoa

  • From: "Moyer, Richard" <ramoyer@king.edu>
  • To: "'nafex@lists.ibiblio.org'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Feijoa
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 12:58:55 -0500

Del wrote:
"My single most memorable fruit eating experience was finding a bush of ripe

feijoas in New Zealand - and eating till I could no more - like an exquisite

perfume. Glad to hear they can grow in zone 6!"

Del, I've only eaten the flower petals, as my plant was not self-fertile. I
sent it to Georgia to be with some others. Ray Givan, near Savannah, enjoys
feijoa petals in spring. Robert in Atlanta appears adventurous, and Feijoa
should grow better there than sea buckthorn. How well it will FRUIT in
Atlanta is a mystery to me!
More info on Feijoa: http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/feijoa.html
Richard