nafex - [NAFEX] Feijoas

  • From: "David Consolvo" <fruitopia@nexet.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Feijoas
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:17:53 -0500

Are feijoas really growing in zone 6? I too happily remember them in New
Zealand, and would love to grow them and eat them in my zone 7. But I
haven't tried, as I recall that they will be killed below 15 or 16 degrees
Farenheit.

David Consolvo
Hungrytown, Virginia

----------
>From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
>To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
>Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Small fruit options, Sea Buckthorn vigor
>Date: Wed, Jan 8, 2003, 12:20 PM
>

>>From: "Moyer, Richard" <ramoyer@king.edu>
>>We've enjoyed the following small fruiting bushes in Zone 6 Tenn:
>>Aronia melanocarpa, Elaeagnus multiflora (goumi), 'Regent' Juneberry,
>>Chaenomeles quince, Feijoa.
>
>My single most memorable fruit eating experience was finding a bush of ripe
>feijoas in New Zealand - and eating till I could no more - like an exquisite
>perfume. Glad to hear they can grow in zone 6!
>Del Stubbs ag zone2/3

  • [NAFEX] Feijoas, David Consolvo, 01/08/2003