nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple Tasting

  • From: Ginda Kaplan Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple Tasting
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:24:06 -0500

Applesource sells some of these in season.

One that I've been looking for is Karmijn D'Sonneveld (sp?). I grafted a piece of it to one of my crabs, so maybe I'll find out in a couple of years. But I'd love to try it sooner.

Ashmead's Kernal was a surprise favorite in my household. A tiny, ugly apple, but it seems to keep well (it was one of few in a package that didn't appear overripe when I got them) and it tastes great. But we like strong-flavored apples.

One I was disappointed by was sweet 16, but I'd like to give it another try. I suspect that package of apples I bought spent too much time in a warm truck.

Ginda Fisher