nafex - [NAFEX] Lon's Book

  • From: Dee <dee@mokalive.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Lon's Book
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 23:57:42 -0600

Hey, and when I saw Lon's book and name in the Seed Saver's catalog I ran
around the house
introducing my family to my online friend. :-D

So if someone wanted to raise and sell organic grapes what can be expected of
the market? A
friend of mine sold 7 tons of non-organic grapes to a winery this last summer
and I am wondering
if there are "organic" wineries and would I have to be certified organic to
be labeled? I
imagine I would. Anyone know of a good site for getting certified? We sign
the purchase
agreement Wednesday on 20 acres and I am pretty sure nothing has been done to
it regarding
fertilizing and pest and weed control for the last 7 years and wondering what
all would be
expected to get certified.

Dee