nafex - [NAFEX] RE:Good Nurseries; size of minor fruit plants

  • From: "Moyer, Richard" <ramoyer@king.edu>
  • To: "'nafex@lists.ibiblio.org'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] RE:Good Nurseries; size of minor fruit plants
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:33:38 -0500

Re: Burnt Ridge
mIEKAL,
Glad you were able to reach a satifactory conclusion with them.
I've ordered minor fruits from Burnt Ridge 4 or 5 of the last 10 years, and
been satisfied in each case. They were not the size of apple or pear trees,
but all have thrived. Many of the minor fruits, especially bushes such as
saskatoons, aren't that big when 2-3 years old.
Richard

>I was pretty unhappy with my burnt ridge order this year, they sent me=20=

>a bad bunch of salmonberry, saskatoons, & cornelian cherries... they=20
>were not real chunky seedlings either, for the price they charge. they=20=

>do have a good selection & did give me credit however. & very=20
>personable on the phone.

mIEKAL

On Tuesday, November 12, 2002, at 01:48 PM, Lon J. Rombough wrote:

> Burnt Ridge Nursery in Onalaska, WA is good. =A0They are almost across=20=

> the road from Raintree, ironically.
> Hector Black's place, Hidden Springs is a great one. =A0Bill =
MacKently's=20
> place is good. =A0Can't think of the name - in Potsdam, NY.

  • [NAFEX] RE:Good Nurseries; size of minor fruit plants, Moyer, Richard, 11/22/2002