nafex - Re: [NAFEX] RE: wild blueberries

  • From: Ginda Kaplan Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] RE: wild blueberries
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:12:09 -0500

On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 05:52 PM, Lucky Pittman wrote:

At 01:58 PM 11/21/2002 -0500, Richard wrote:
This time of year, the rabbiteye leaf color beats highbush handsdown!

Amen to that - right now my rabbiteyes would rival any 'Burning Bush' at its peak fall color.

Lucky

This time of year my highbush blueberry is just red twigs, but two weeks ago it was a blazing glory. I'm sure it varies with cultivar (mine is Rubel) and weather, but my highbush blueberry was the brightest, reddest shrub around this year, beating burning bush hands down.

Ginda Fisher
eastern Mass., zone 6
(too far north for rabbiteye - we choose between highbush and lowbush up here.)