nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Questions on PawPaw

  • From: "Helga and Bert Dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Questions on PawPaw
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:01:22 -0400

Hello George
About 12 years ago I bought my AT- pawpaw- from Ernie Grimo
(nuttrees@grimonut.com) of the Niagara area- so far no blossoms. Don't know
his seed source- be an idea to ask- I did not!! .Tree is about 5 feet tall.
Bought seeds from a USA source3-4 years ago, currently the largest is
14-15" tall. Probable in both examples its just too winter cold here.
Consider persimmons -Diospyros Virginianna-- planted 9 years ago- have fruit
on several
Cheers Bert

Bert Dunn RR4 Tottenham Ont zone 4b
www.hardygrapes.tottenham.on.ca