nafex - [NAFEX] Questions on PawPaw

  • From: Georger <georger@rogers.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Questions on PawPaw
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 20:59:02 -0400

He everybody,
I recently got interested in PawPaw as I still have room for few more
trees in my backyard. I tried the nurseries and Big Boxes with no luck. After
reading in The Toronto Star, I drove 100 KM to a plant sale held by U of
Guelph (Ontario, Canada). Only reason for my drive is just to get pawpaw. I
am late by 30 minutes and it was sold out.
I have few questions about it.

1. If I use the seeds for propagation, how long it takes to fruit? How long a
grafted tree take to fruit?

2. I understand there should be more than two trees for pollination. If I
graft two varieties in one tree, can I get around that requirement?

3. Is there any place/ person in Canada where I can get a tree for this fall
planting?

Thanks

(BTW, if anyone prunes their flowering shrubs like hardy hibiscus/ French
Lilacs/ Rose of Sharon and wants a caring home for the cuttings, please
remember me!)

George R. (5a)
georger@rogers.com