nafex - Re: [NAFEX] germinating hazelnut from seed..

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] germinating hazelnut from seed..
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:58:12 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] germinating hazelnut from seed..
Interesting.  When I worked at the NCGR in Corvallis, germinating seed, we had a real problem with getting Corylus seed to grow that had dried too much.  We used hormones, strification and more and dry seed just wouldn't grow well.  It had to be FRESH seed to get high germination rates.
-Lon Rombough