nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Will my figs ripen?

  • From: "Helga and Bert Dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Will my figs ripen?
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 19:07:15 -0400

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, September 02, 2002 4:49 PM
> Helga and Bert Dunn wrote:
>
> > Good morning
> > Ripening at the present-
> > Named Varieties--Desert King, white Adriatic, Chicago Hardy
>
> what do you mean suitcase varieties? dwarf? I've never seen any of
these, where'd you get em
> from?
>

> > Suitcase varieties-Mississauga, Savice, New Jersey, Albion #2

Suitcase varieties_____ IMO brought into this country in a suitcase, vest
pocket, or toe of shoe. In plain English--smuggled from the old country. In
absence of correct name- tried to figure out from Condit's Monograph-- give
them
dialect names, name of giver or county/township they came from (after
arriving in Canada)
Cheers Bert

Bert Dunn RR4 Tottenham Ont zone 4b
www.hardygrapes.tottenham.on.ca