nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Will my figs ripen?

  • From: "Helga and Bert Dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Will my figs ripen?
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 11:57:44 -0400

Good morning
Ripening at the present-
Named Varieties--Desert King, white Adriatic, Chicago Hardy
Suitcase varieties-Mississauga, Savice, New Jersey, Albion #2
I leave them outside until all the leaves fall off (like deciduous trees),
then into the rear of my garage
In early March , in spite of very little light and about 50-55'F they start
to send out green shoot/leaves. A few have berbas although they have to date
not ripened.
I built a trolley cart out of an old Bar B Que frame and bought two metal
trolleys. If the day is nice I shove them outside, bring in at night 'til
weather is decent.
Cheers Bert

Bert Dunn RR4 Tottenham Ont zone 4b
www.hardygrapes.tottenham.on.ca