nafex - [NAFEX] Re: [NAFEX]grafting ribes

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: [NAFEX]grafting ribes
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:10:04 +0000

Has anyone ever tried grafting these weeping-form currants onto rootstocks of more upright form ? Results ?
Tanis Cuff

This brings up a question I have had.....I bought a josta 3 years back, it is now5 feet tall, hasn't so much as bloomed yet. When do these things produce?
I propagated a bunch from sticks this last spring and they have grown 3 times as much as any other ribes I propagated, impressive growth.
Would not they make a good rootstock? Are they worth grafting to? If so, what kind of graft? Del