nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Buffalo currants

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Buffalo currants
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:48:42 -0700

If you prune them heavily every year, the new shoots are more upright. If
that doesn't solve the problem, try a plant ring. It's just a metal or
plastic ring on legs that you can put around the plant for the drooping
canes to rest on. Lots of garden supplies have them, though you can make
one with heavy gauge wire (like 9 gauge or heavier).
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on my grape book at
http://www.bunchgrapes.com