nafex - Re: [NAFEX] 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid

  • From: Don Yellman <dyellman@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:27:56 -0400

Thomas Olenio wrote:
Hello All,

Does anyone know the half-life of this chemical;

Common name: 2,4-D

Chemical name: 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid

(common broadleaf killer)

I know that in a couple of days it is reduced by half, but I have read
that it can persist in the soil for up to 30 days.

I would also like to know the best clean-up of a pressurized 2 gallon
sprayer contaminated with 2, 4-D.

Thanks,
Tom

--