nafex - Re: [NAFEX] 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid

  • From: Trey Lewis <mlewis@pelican.state.lib.la.us>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:13:37 -0500

Thomas,

I don't know the exact half life of 2-4-D. I know damage persisted on my
muscadine vines for over a month before it began to grow off. As for the
later portion of your question. I would scrap the sprayer. Use it only
for weed killer application alone. I really dont think there is a 100% way
to remove it from a sprayer expecially if it is a plastic one or has
plastic or rubber hoses, which most do. Sprayers are too cheap to risk
valuable trees and vines on the chance you dont fully remove the chemical.

M. Lewis

XXXX@XXXX is