nafex - Re: [nafex] Pruing/Growth

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Pruing/Growth
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:01:23 -0400

I also subscribe to apple-crop, a mailing list for commercial apple
growers. (Which I'm not, but I still find it interesting.) There's
been a fair amount of chat about Apogee, and I'd say the verdict isn't
in, yet. I gather it doesn't entirely live up to it's claims. Lots of
growers are trying it, though.

Ginda

On Saturday, April 13, 2002, at 05:07 PM, Tom Olenio wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> The more I research this PROHEXADIONE-CALCIUM (tradename:
> Apogee) for chemical pruning the more I am amazed.
>
> http://www.basf.com/businesses/consumer/agproducts/solutions/usa_products/
> Apogee.html
>
> They are testing it for chemical pruning, fireblight
> control, and even for controlling grass height.
>
> Imagine being able to spray your lawn and have it remain at
> that height. The lawn mower people are going to HATE this
> stuff!
>
> Sign me up NOW! (LOL) This may be an answer for my project
> tree.
>
> Later,
> Tom
>
> Joe and Ellen Hecksel wrote:
>

>> My understanding is that the growing point produces a
>> growth regulator that suppress bud break. Remove the
>> growing point and you stop repressing the buds.--
>
> Thomas Olenio
> Ontario, Canada
> Hardiness Zone 6a

> 4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a posting
> and NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting was
> large).
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Buy Stock for $4