nafex - Re: [nafex] A note of consern about this forum

  • From: "Vintage Virginia Apples LLC" <fruit@vintagevirginiaapples.com>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] A note of consern about this forum
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:39:16 -0500

I think the points Mr. Miller raises speak to the heart of this issue. This
chat line and the NAFEX website serve different if related functions.
Moreover, does anyone believe that a complete archive of the chat line would
serve any real purpose? It facilitates communications among interested
people with often related interests and occasionally useful
information relative to growing fruit and this exchange serves a useful
purpose in itself, but toextract the useful from the plethora of chatter
would require considerable editing and indexing in my opinion and we would
be better served to pursue the enhancement of the NAFEX website by other
endeavors. Perhaps some of us interested in this could summarize some of
the more useful discussions and submit that to Pomona, which could be
archived, and in any event, every member would have a copy to preserve or
not as they wished.
The Board of NAFEX has discussed ways to improve the website and is
dedicated to doing just that, but I fail to see how hosting the chat line
would serve that purpose well.. The resources available to the
organization, as I am sure all of you who are members of NAFEX and follow
its proceedings are aware, are limited. Constructive suggestions would
certainly be welcomed, I am sure.

Charlotte Shelton
Secretary, NAFEX

Vintage Virginia Apples, LLC