nafex - RE: [nafex] A note of consern about this forum

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <erdmanj@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "'lostman_amiga '" <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • Cc: "'nafex@yahoogroups.com'" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] A note of consern about this forum
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:31:40 -0600

lostman_amiga said:

>Let me back up a bit. The reason for my consern is the I moderate
>another forum on Yahoo and the end of last year our mail archive as
>well as some of the files and bookmarks. To this the day the file area
>still cant be accessed. I have sent letter after letter to yahoo to
>get help. The only reply I got was a prepared help file that did not
>address my conserns. After weeks of frustration another moderator
>tolf me to join the "for-egroup-moderators" forum where some of the
>help staff hang out and forum questions are answered. The people there
>have told me the Yahoo dosent answer massages any more, and that the
>problems that I am facing is quit common. Yahoo, is going through
>some company problem and all support has been stopped.

>"If" this is true, I do not wish this forum's archives to be erased.
>I hope some one knows a way to back up the system. I am posting this
>note on all my favorite forums in hopes that there may be some way
>resolving this issue.

This happened on another group that was archived on Yahoo groups, and
someone on the group preserved the archives on their own system, on a web
page, so that forum members could access it and search for topics. Another
member provided a mirror archive also. I don't know enough about computers
to know exactly what they did (email taxes my limits.)

I don't know what other possibilities there are, but apparently dealing with
Yahoo isn't one of them.

Jim Erdman, in Menomonie, WI

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM