nafex - Re: [nafex] liberty apple

  • From: "Kathleen Meigs" <kmeigs@tcsn.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] liberty apple
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 20:41:14 -0700

The no-spray Galas I grow in west-central California are crisp, juicy, sweet
fragrant...quite small, and, as with all apples, much better than oversized
imported ones in the stores. Hold shape for pies, make nice juice too, but
mostly fresh eating. But, no, they aren't for people who prefer tart.
Liberties have a fine flavor..and color...here, but susceptible to sunburn
and some other problems. The scrub jays love them all!

Katy Meigs
Jolon at Last Farm
Central California
USDA Zone 8