nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Mollies Delicious and Cortland; "organic" growing

  • From: "Big Swede" <JFrisk@pionet.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Mollies Delicious and Cortland; "organic" growing
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 22:38:59 -0500

I would say the cleanest apples probably are Chieftain (an Iowa State Univ
cross of Red Delicious and Jonathan) and Empire. The only summer apple that
is fairly clean is Washington Strawberry, an antique variety. An early fall
cooking apple that is clean is Pumpkin Sweet. It also bears every year.
The year before we had a very mild winter and the insect pressure was very
bad. Judson L. Frisk