nafex - [nafex] Re: Mollies Delicious and Cortland; "organic" growing

  • From: dwoodard@becon.org
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Mollies Delicious and Cortland; "organic" growing
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 06:06:31 -0000

Judson, in a normal year, do you have any apples that seem
consistently resistant to disease, insects, or both under your
conditions? You may have acquired some valuable information.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario

--- In nafex@y..., "Big Swede" <JFrisk@p...> wrote:
> I have had excellent fall crop of apples this year. My Mollie's
Delicious
> were also very good. I have Gala ripe right now and they are
excellent this
> year. My crop is organic because I have not been able to buy spray
> ingredients and have not had time to spray. Usually Gala is like
Jonathan a
> misshapen insect ridden mess but this year they are great. I
believe the
> hard cold winter finally killed the carryover bugs that give us
trouble. We
> had a dry warm summer in SW Iowa which probably helped keep the
disease
> pressure down. My later apples also look good. Judson L. Frisk

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/47cccB/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM