nafex - Re: [nafex] Mollies Delicious and Cortland

  • From: "Big Swede" <JFrisk@pionet.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Mollies Delicious and Cortland
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:02:29 -0500

I have had excellent fall crop of apples this year. My Mollie's Delicious
were also very good. I have Gala ripe right now and they are excellent this
year. My crop is organic because I have not been able to buy spray
ingredients and have not had time to spray. Usually Gala is like Jonathan a
misshapen insect ridden mess but this year they are great. I believe the
hard cold winter finally killed the carryover bugs that give us trouble. We
had a dry warm summer in SW Iowa which probably helped keep the disease
pressure down. My later apples also look good. Judson L. Frisk