nafex - [nafex] Not Sickly Apricot

  • From: Don Yellman <dyellman@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Not Sickly Apricot
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 00:37:57 -0400

No, Ginda, I wouldn't call the Puget Gold sickly, just slower growing
than Tomcot, and, I expect, much easier to manage from the pruning
perspective. Mine is in it's second year here, the trunk wood is still
quite small, and it doesn't have all the little branchlets and shoots
that are typical of the Tomcot. Might be bettter for an urban yard, but
I think it would take a few years to provide any shade. The leaves on
the Puget Gold are a little larger and more beautiful than Tomcot. The
Puget Gold came from Burnt Ridge Nursery in Oregon, which was Richard's
source as well. Seems a long way to go to get an apricot tree, but
there don't seem to be that many sources for it. You could get your
friend one of each. Then he would have a lot of fun.
Rgds, Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA

P.S. The Puget Gold did catch a pellet or two when it got between me and
some squirrels in the yard. It has since pretty well recovered, but
that experience might have made it feel a little unwanted.

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/47cccB/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM