nafex - Re: [nafex] Blueberries

  • From: "Mark Garrison" <pawpaw1@home.com>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Blueberries
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 13:37:23 -0400

Ginda wrote:
> I'm a little worried about overdoing the epsom salts. How much is
> safe? I may toss around some more aluminum sulfate, as I expect that is
> fairly safe on blueberries. Still, I think it's odd that this one spot
> seems unfriendly. Remember, I've had two different bushes look scraggly
> in this spot, now.

Ginda, I asked experts at a blueberry meeting and they said there is no
danger of too much Epsom salts, within reason. I treated a few bushes with
about half a cup each and they did fine. Other possibilities for the
scraggly ones: pine voles underneath. Or poor drainage in that spot. Or
maybe that spot was limed in the past.

Mark, RI zone 6

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!