nafex - Re: [nafex] Stark Bros. Gone

  • From: Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Stark Bros. Gone
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 10:51:49 -0500

At 10:35 AM 07/05/2001 -0500, Doreen wrote:
>Foster & Gallgher, parents of the MySeasons umbrella which acquired Stark
>Bros. in 1999, declared bankruptcy on Monday, July 2. The other
>companies, including Gurney's, Brecks, Henry Field, Spring
>Hill and Stark, will be dismantled and sold off in pieces for revenue to
>satisfy creditors.

I'm not surprised - quality and service had declined to the level of the
lowest common denominator of the whole MySeasons.com family - Michigan Bulb
Co.
My order from Henry Field this year was the most disgusting mess of
undersized, dead, moldy crap I'd ever received; evidently pulled hastily
from the nursery rows, thrown into a plastic bag, and left in a corner
somewhere for a month or two before they got around to shipping it.
Just hope I get my refund, which I requested prior to their declaration of
bankruptcy.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY