nafex - Re: [nafex] a whitney sport

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] a whitney sport
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 13:45:57 -0400

Derry,
Could you tell us who (or what) is "Fiala" that you mention in your message?
Also, what makes you think that the Whitney grown in Europe would be
different? The information I have about the origin of Whitney is Illinois,
around 1860.

I also have some Whitney that fruited for the first time last fall - a nice
looking crab, but I picked them too late and the flesh had become quite soft.

Claude