nafex - Re: [nafex] Cold

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Cold
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:09:46 -0400

Jeepers, I'm feeling lucky. We've had a couple of days that made it up
to about 60, but it's been cool every night, and my forsythia are only
starting to bloom. Apples, blueberries, currants, etc. just have
swollen buds. It's supposed to get cold tonight, (maybe even more snow)
but forecasted lows are 34 - no danger to anything that can survive here
at all.

Good luck, all,
Ginda Fisher
Eastern Mass., zone 6

Lucky Pittman wrote:

> C'est la vie.
> Thought I might get some fruit this year.
>
> We had daytime temps in the high 80's several days in a row last week. My
> plums, peaches, nectarines, and pears are all finished blooming. Early
> bloom apple varieties are done. Mid & late bloom apples are in full bloom
> now, as are most of the juneberries, blueberries, sour cherries and
> mulberries. They're calling for temps in the mid to low 20s tonight.
> Lucky Pittman
> USDA Zone 6
> Hopkinsville, KY

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM