nafex - [nafex] Apple Seed Growth

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Apple Seed Growth
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 19:07:15 -0500

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with apple seeds, I have none.

As I mentioned in an earlier post I stratified some apple seeds in the fridge and when one have a root long enough I planted it in soil with some myco fungi.  When I first posted about it it was a 2 inch sprout.

Withing the past day it has begun to open the leaves at the top of stem and grew another quarter inch taller.

My question is a hook like growth that is emerging faster that the first leaves are opening.  Here is a diagram of how it looked and now looks;

I have grown lots of tomato seeds and other vegetables, but none had this fast emerging hook.

Does anyone recognize it?

Thanks,
Tom

--