nafex - Re: [nafex] Water - Rooting Cuttings

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: tolenio@sentex.net
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Water - Rooting Cuttings
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:53:43 -0500

I realize you are trying to root cuttings, not plants, but you might
want to know that my currants also rooted themselves. The Consort black
currant had some branches that bent back to the ground. When I lifted
them to weed, I noticed they had grown roots. I pulled them out and let
them dry, because I was planning on moving the bush, anyway, and didn't
want it to get any more settled, but I'm sure I could have cut of the
branches from the main plant, and created some new ones. My uncle's red
currants have also wandered from their original spot, so I don't think
the easy rooting is unique to Consort.

Best,
Ginda